Monday, December 7, 2009

Catch of Consequence by Diana Norman

From the moment Makepeace Burke fishes Englishman Sir Philip Dapifer out of the Charles River in pre-Revolutionary War Boston, saving his life, her own is forever changed. Suddenly finding herself ranked a traitor for rescuing a member of the English aristocracy, Makepeace is forced to leave her home and set out on a journey that will steer her in directions of which she could never have dreamed.

A Catch of Consequence is at once a vivid historical novel, a haunting love story, and an unforgettable portrait of a remarkable woman. Diana Norman has crafted another richly textured tale of passion, loss, and courage—and of the power and the pain wrought from being true to oneself against all odds.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I have two suggestions for books.

    Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers- Mary Roach, Surprisingly interesting and funny

    Geography of Bliss- Eric Weiner, really funny and a nice "feel good" book

    I'm finally getting around to figuring out this blog so hopefully I can jump on for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right. Now I know I have made no comments on any books yet! But I love that you are doing this. I have read two of the three so far (only because my library didn't have the last one). I'm just dying for a new good book! I like that you have to do all the work and find me one :)) all joking aside please don't stop I promise I will speed the word about the blog and make comments!!

    ReplyDelete